Gillett Village Hall, East Main Street

Title

Gillett Village Hall, East Main Street

Subject

City & town halls

Description

The Village Hall was built in 1908, and provided room for the fire equipment on the first floor with steps leading from the inside up to the second floor which housed the library for many years. The bell at the top was rung for the fires. Currently only the lower half of the building still stands and houses offices and the Firehouse Barber.

Date

ca. 1908

Rights

Property of Gillett Area Historical Society. Published by Recollection Wisconsin with permission of the submitter.

Relation

Gillett Area Historical Society

Format

Still Image

Type

image/jpeg

Identifier

Gillett Village Hall with Horse and Carriage in front.jpg

Coverage

Gillett, Oconto County, Wisconsin

Files

Gillett Village  Hall with Horse and Carriage in front.jpg

Collection

Citation

“Gillett Village Hall, East Main Street,” Recollection Wisconsin, accessed November 23, 2017, http://recollectionwi.org/items/show/21.